Wednesday, February 22, 2017

How to become a goalkeeper

      
    What's up everyone, today I will be giving some advice on how to be a beginning goalkeeper in soccer or football. This blog is actually requested by one of my friends named Maile Ward. I used to be the goalkeeper for my team and until today I'm still playing in that position(even though sometimes I like to play other position too!). There are many techniques for being a goalkeeper but the thing is that I never have a chance go to football academy to learn something like that. The techniques I learn to be goalkeeper is from YouTube and there are hundreds of video that will make you become a better goalkeeper. So let's get into it, there is a couple of things that is needed a lot when you are the GK (goalkeeper) for example the catching form, the goalkeeper ready position, the diving techniques, and the breakaway.


  The Catching form: There two main catching form which I used (and a lot of goalkeepers will use) which are the W form and the basket form. The W form is done by putting your hand into the letter W, this catching form will use when the ball coming toward your chest up and higher. The basket form is used when the ball coming low from your chest down and you have to curl your arm and make it into a basket shape. 


 The goalkeeper ready position: To have a strong position, you have to stand firm on your feet, your knees slightly bend, and your chest point toward the ball. So that you can save both low and high ball in all situations.


The diving techniques: I have to honestly say that I know how diving look like but I don't really know how to do it. What several people teach me in YouTube is that from your GK-ready position, you have to take one step forward to where the ball coming and push through will the step you take.


The break away: This is use when you are one on one with the striker. What you should do to is to quickly run forward to close the angle the shooter have. And from that, you should get low to the ground, be in your ready position, and prepare to save. 


     This is not all of my techniques I use in game but it good for you to cover this four things. I have other great goalkeepers YouTube channel called ARS Goalkeeping and ProgressiveSoccer, they have great tips and techniques you can learn. Thank you all for reading and for all Keepers who read this blogs and I hope that you will have a great game!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment